Wednesday, March 2, 2011

S'mores Whoopie Pies

What could be better than a S'mores AND a gob?!


Yes, I live in western pennsylvannia and here, we call them gobs! I first found this genious idea at BrownEyedBaker, check out the full recipe here.  The only flop was that I thought it would be safe to use butter flavored shortening for the marshmellow frosting. Do NOT make this mistake! It took on way too much of a butter flavor.

To make the "graham flour" for the cookies, I took sheets of graham crackers, and ground them up in my mini chopper (or you could use a regular food processor) to make a super fine flour.








I also sped up the process of making the chocolate filling by putting it in the refrigerator.
 I chilled it for about 30 minutes. It was still pretty runny- but yummy! Next time, I think I will try to cool at room temperature like the recipe reads and see if that helps!




 These were a huge hit, and really cute. I can't wait to make them again and not mess up the marshmellow cream part!!

No comments:

Post a Comment